There are three bells hanging in the tower, only two of which are ringable. The third doesn't have a rope, and is on the highest frame, right under the truncated spire.

The history of the bells is a little indeterminate, but very interesting.

Two of them are mid fourteenth century. Their founder is uncertain, though it is thought that he worked in Gloucester. John Le Belyter (John of Gloucester) was casting bells up to 1346, but according to the Reverend H.T. Ellacombe (1881) and Miss Mary Bliss (1986), it is not his work. John Hendley was casting bells at Gloucester before 1400 but it is not is work either. There may have been two founders between these times, but no-one knows their names. The treble bell is inscribed, weighs about 4 cwts, and has a diameter of 28 and a half inches. The second 'blank', weighs about 6 cwts, and is 31- and three-quarter inches in diameter.

The tenor bell is inscribed as follows: + MDCV. RI. CH. RH. WC. RB



Some or perhaps all of this lettering was reproduced from an earlier bell, so there were three bells in 1881 when Reverend Ellacombe wrote about them. This bell weighs about 7 cwts and has a diameter of 34 and a quarter inches.

The bells were rehung on metal frames by Llewellyns & Jones in 1912, with all new fittings.

It is provisionally proposed (subject to the advice of a professional bellhanger should restoration go ahead) to install a frame beneath the existing main frame, substitute stainless steel girders for those the frames presently sit on, move the top bell to the lower frame and purchase a new or reclaimed bell to take the third position in the higher frame. There would then be four bells in correct position for ringing, and should a future generation wish to add two more bells to make a ring of six it would be very straightforward to hang them in the lower frame.